Monday, June 22, 2015

ginger honey iced tea

It's officially summer, and it's HOT!  I really, really dislike the heat/humidity of summer because trying to keep cool is a monumental tasks sometimes (usually involving sitting around in front of a fan in the AC with cold drink in hand).  I love drinking tea, and in the summer it becomes iced tea.  As I made a few of my favorites, I thought that I would share them with you so you can make fancy ones for your next soiree!

ginger and honey iced tea
{ginger and honey iced tea}

ginger and honey iced tea

makes 2 quarts

3 family-sized tea bags
7 cups water
1/2 to 1 cup honey, local
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
lemon (optional for garnish)
  1. Make tea by bringing 3 cups of water to a boil and adding tea bags.
  2. Steep for 3 minutes.
  3. Add honey to taste.
  4. Add ginger.
  5. Add remaining 4 cups of water.
  6. Serve immediately over ice or for best results let set overnight.
When I took this photo I completely forgot to add the lemon, but it still tasted great anyway.  I love this because the ginger adds some depth to the tea while the honey keeps it from being syrupy sweet (I characteristic I strongly dislike in my teas).

Do you like iced tea?  Do you add any flavorings or are you a traditional iced tea drinker?

PS--I use so much ginger in my life that I get it pre-minced, and I LOVE it.  Buying it like this also is less hassle and time-consuming.  I got this little jar at Good Foods co-op.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly