Wednesday, November 12, 2014

How-To | Roast a Pumpkin

I have received several questions on how to roast a pumpkin this year so here it is!  It's super easy!

Roast a Pumpkin
 {Pureed pumpkin}

Roast a Pumpkin
 {Pumpkin courtesy of my in-laws}

{Step 1: Preheat oven to 350}

Roast a Pumpkin
 {Step 2: Cut pumpkin open and scoop out the seeds.  You can roast the seeds if you would like.}

Roast a Pumpkin
 {Step 3: Place pumpkin in casserole dishes and roast until tender, about 1 hour}

{Step 4: Allow pumpkin to cool}

{Step 5: Peel off the waxy part of the pumpkin}

Roast a Pumpkin
{Step 6: Using a blender or food processor, puree the pumpkin}

{Step 7: Use or store in the fridge for up to 1 month}

So there you have it!  Really easy right?  So now what?  You can use it like any other pumpkin puree!  Some ideas:  pumpkin juice or pumpkin bacon sauce!

Mine happens to be more watery than I would like especially for baking so I will be putting it in a strainer overnight before using it to bake some Pumpkin-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies for my in-law's Thanksgiving.

PS-Don't forget to enter my crock-pot giveaway!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly