Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Pasta

This recipe was not only delicious, but it was also fast and easy!  Originally this recipe was vegetarian, but my hubby has to have meat so I added some chicken at the beginning.  I'd have eaten this without the chicken!  I used ingredients from my local farmer's market (yay!  we finally have tomatoes and all kinds of other produce!).  I got a load of produce from my in-laws over the weekend so the hubby and I are up to our ears in fresh vegetables, not that I'm complaining!

Summer Pasta
 {Summer Pasta}

Summer Pasta cooking
 {A one pot meal?  No brainer!}

Summer Pasta finished
 {Love that the pasta starch essentially makes its own creamy sauce!}

Summer Pasta no garnish
 {Summer Pasta no garnish}

One year ago:  Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

Summer Pasta
adapted from Barefeet in the Kitchen

Makes 4 servings

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken (optional)
1 large onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
8 oz pasta (spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine)
4 cups broth
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
Parmesan cheese (optional)
  1. Heat olive oil in a large pot; if using chicken then add it and cook through.
  2. Add remaining except basil and cheese to pot.
  3. Cook until pasta is al dente; the pasta should let off some starch to make the sauce thick!
  4. Add basil right before service.
  5. Serve with cheese.
 If you haven't yet, head over to your local farmer's market and take a look around!  I dare you to not walk out of there with something!  It's really cheap too!  I can get produce and flowers for $40 a week (and the flowers last two weeks)!  Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE the farmer's market?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly