Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Grilled Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken

In the summer, I am all about the hubby making dinner.  Which means that I am continually looking for marinades that will flavor meat just right and be easy on me to mix together.  I loved this marinate because it was flavorful and fast; plus anything with garlic always gets an extra star in my book!

Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
 {Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken}

Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken marinate
 {I love how the marinate separated!}

Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken on Southern Fattoush
 {Perfect for serving on salads like this Southern Fattoush}

Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
from Living Well Spending Less

Makes 4 servings

2/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
8-10 cloves garlic
1/3 cup honey (local)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons dried parsley (or 1/2 cup fresh chopped)
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
  1. Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, minced garlic, parsley, and pepper together in bowl.
  2. Marinate chicken in bag for at least 30 minutes but no more than 1 hour.
  3. Grill until chicken reaches 160 degrees and juices run clear. 
I love making meal likes this because they are healthy and fast.  Plus, who doesn't love a cool, refreshing salad in the summer?  Not many!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly