Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Indian Chicken Stew

This last week has been a bit stressful both at work (where I have put in my two week's notice!) and personally (my brother got married this past weekend!) so I only have one picture for this recipe, but it's a good one!

Indian Chicken Stew
{Indian Chicken Stew}

One year ago:  Butter Chicken

Indian Chicken Stew
from Better Homes and Gardens

Serves 8

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
Assembly: 5 minutes

2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 teaspoons curry powder
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2-15 oz cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
2-15 oz cans diced tomatoes (fired roasted is preferred)
1 bay leaf
9 oz frozen spinach, thawed
2 cups cooked rice
  1. Place chicken thighs in the bottom of a crock-pot.
  2. In a large bowl, mix onion, garlic, curry, ginger, pepper, beans, and diced tomatoes until combined.
  3. Pour bean mixture over chicken in the crock-pot.
  4. Add bay leaf.
  5. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
  6. In the last hour of cooking, add rice and spinach.
  7. Serve.
I was obsessed with this recipe!  I claimed all the leftovers, and I ate it happily for several days.  In fact, it got better the longer it sat!  (That could have been my delusional mind...)  Either way, this is definitely a new favorite especially since it was so easy!

Come back tomorrow because the beautiful Nutella Cupcakes I made for my brother's wedding will be posted!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly