Friday, May 9, 2014

Food for Thought

So last Mother's Day 2013, I talked about how I didn't appreciate my mother sometimes, and I have to work on all the years that I didn't really appreciate her (about 20 years).

This last year, I have really noticed how much my mom is one of my best friends.  We hang out and do a lot together.  She has helped me through some tough times this last year (mainly with a bottle of wine!).  I really don't know where I would be without her!

{My mom, me, and my brother}

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.

~Washington Irving

I am also blessed with the sweetest grandmother who is such a blast!  True story--she tried to explain how to hashtag to my mother and brother!  She's so cute!

My mother-in-law is great too!  She is always willing to listen and lend a helping hand when I need it.  I always look forward to seeing her!

I have a great range of women I can call mother.  I just hope that I show them how much they mean to me and pay them back for all they have done because a mother's unconditional love is truly a great gift.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly