Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Pork Schnitzel

So, I've been so excited about revamping the blog that I forgot it was the first of the month!  Not to worry!  I'll have a Spice It UP!!! ready for you later this week.  In my defense, I half wrote the post last week...

Anyway....  On to Schnitzel!  I won't lie--I am terrible at frying.  I didn't grow up with it, and that was one skill in culinary school that I really, really had to work at.  I have found that I love to pan-fry thin cuts of meat, and schnitzel is the best way to keep those skills fresh!

pork schnitzel
{Pork Schnitzel}

making dill sauce
 {Making dill sauce}

 {Breading set-up}

cooking schnitzel
 {Cooking schnitzel in a cast iron pan}

plate of schnitzel
 {Plate of schnitzel}

pork schnitzel
 {I served it with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus}

Pork Schnitzel
from my recipes

Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (if cooking in batches)

1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cups bread crumbs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4-6 pork loin steaks, thinly sliced or pounded thin
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
  1. Mix sour cream, dill, and butter milk together until well combined.  Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside until service time.
  2. Mix milk and egg in a shallow dish until combined.
  3. Mix bread crumbs, parsley, and garlic in another shallow dish until combined.
  4. Heat oil in a pan, preferably a cast iron skillet, until hot.
  5. Dredge pork loin in egg mixture then toss in bread crumb mixture until coated.
  6. Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.  This might have to be done in several batches.
  7. Serve with dill sauce.
Do you have an aspect of the kitchen that you are not too good at?  I'd love to hear!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly