Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mediterranean Succotash

I've never really had succotash before, but this Mediterranean version sounded really good.  No surprise that it was!  I have a regular succotash recipe to try in the summer with fresh vegetables.  This is great as a main dish especially for a Meatless Monday.  I'm trying to be Meatless on Mondays, but the hubby doesn't think it's a meal unless there is meat... *sigh*  I bake him some chicken to go with it usually.  I'm excited because I have a ratatouille recipe to try!

Mediterranean Succotash
 {Mediterranean Succotash}

Mediterranean Succotash
 {Getting the succotash ready}

Mediterranean Succotash
 {Cooked succotash}

Mediterranean Succotash with toppings
 {Topped with feta and extra parsley for presentation}

Mediterranean Succotash
from my recipes

Makes 8 servings

1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-15 oz cans cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained (aka white kidney beans but use Great Northern if you can't find any)
1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup feta cheese, optional for serving
  1. Place first seven ingredients (through black pepper) in a crock-pot for 6 hours on low.
  2. Add in parsley and lemon juice and cook another 30 minutes.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Serve with feta cheese sprinkled on top.
Do you try to go meatless on a regular basis?  Did you know beans are a good source to get that "full" feeling?  I'm not too adventurous to try tofu--yet!  I might sneak it in when the hubby is not looking....

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly