Friday, January 17, 2014

Food for Thought


 {Snow collecting on a KY stone fence}

Everything that happens to me is the best possible thing that can happen to me.  

~Zen and the Art of Happiness

Let me tell you--2014 has not been my year so far.  Every day seemed to bring a new horror or crisis that needed to be dealt with.  On Tuesday, I was so unbelievably stressed that I went home right after work and cried--seriously.  I laid in bed, cried, and drank some wine.  

My mother shared the above quote with me, and I basically told her that was garbage.  After a few days of normalcy and family time, I am beginning to get back to my positive, non-stressed self.  

Maybe those events were the best possible things that could happen to me, but in the moment, it didn't feel like it.  Why am I rambling?  Because it's Friday; it's snowing, and I am having lunch without having to do work at the same time.  Small victories, my friends.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly