Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Tip: How to Roll A Burrito or Enchilada

So let's get some brief background on me....

I used to work at Taco Bell in high school.  I had never eaten nor stepped foot in a Taco Bell (or any Mexican place to my knowledge) before then; my family had Mexican food at home.  I was trained in the ways of Taco Bell, and NO I do not eat there on a regular basis.  In fact, I can probably count on one hand the times I've gone since I quit over 6 years ago.

One of the skills I learned was how to roll a burrito properly, and let me tell you--that's one skill that I use to this day!  It's a simple and easy 4 step process so let's begin!

{These are actually enchiladas (recipe tomorrow!), but the principle still applies}

{Step 1: Fold over the left and right sides about 1 inch towards the center}

{Step 2: Fold the side closest to you over the filling}

{Step 3: Tuck the tortilla underneath the filling, tightening the filling as you go.  You should have a solid burrito--no air pockets!}

{Step 4: Roll the burrito closed and lay seam side down to serve}

Pretty cool, right?  This will work with any size soft tortilla and in multiple ways.  Breakfast burrito anyone?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly