Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Versatile Seafood Sauce

I don't know about your family, but trying to get the hubby to eat anything besides breaded fish or shrimp is a near Herculean feat....  He enjoys fishing, but he's not much into eating it--crazy?  Why yes it is!  However, I believe that I have solved all my problems with this delicious versatile seafood sauce!

{Not the prettiest picture, but it was DELICOUS!!!}

{Not sure what type of fish this is, but it came from a Kentucky river}

{Mixing sauce}

{Put sauce on top of the fish}

{Browned top--the hubby said it smelled like I was making pizza....  Not sure about him}

{I served it with the Pesto Bean Salad}

Versatile Seafood Sauce

Makes 4 servings

2 pounds seafood, cut into 1/2 inch thick filets (shrimp, halibut, tilapia, salmon, cod--literally anything)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped green onions (1/4 cup if using regular onions)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 dashes hot sauce
  1. Preheat oven to broil (make sure the oven rack is on the highest level or do it in a toaster oven like I did).
  2. Place seafood in a greased baking dish.
  3. Mix remaining ingredients together until well combined.
  4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is done and the top is browned.
I have tried this with the fish pictured here, shrimp, tilapia, and cod which are all light fishes.  Would this work with salmon?  Sure!  The flavor is very universal, and who doesn't like food with cheese?  Exactly!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly