Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

The hubby would eat potatoes all the time if I would let him.  Seriously--fried, baked, steamed, roasted, mashed--any way you can make them, he'll eat them.  He's never turned down any potatoes that I have made, and this bacon ranch potato salad is no exception.  In fact, he'd only had "plain" potato salad before he met me.  I have created a monster.....

{The only picture I got--mainly because the hubby ate. it. ALL!!!!! I wish I was kidding.....}

{Cutting potatoes}

{I cooled my potatoes overnight in the fridge}

{Mixing homade ranch dressing (that's the secret to it's awesomeness!)}

{Adding the dressing to the potato mixture}

Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

Serves 8

3 pounds yukon or red potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
1/2 large red onion, finely diced
5 oz bacon bits
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped (can substitute 1 green onion, finely chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
  1. Boil potatoes until just done.
  2. Drain and cool potatoes to room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
  3. Add red onions and bacon to potatoes and stir to combine.
  4. Whisk remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl until well combined.
  5. Pour dressing over the potato mixture and gently fold until mixed well.
  6. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
  7. Chill for at least 4 hours, if not overnight for best flavors.
How do you make your potato salad?  Is it a plain potato salad or do you do something fancy like this salad?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly