Tuesday, September 24, 2013

About the Town: Coba Cocina

**I know that I said that I don't go out to eat often, but this year has been an exception.  I have eaten at so many fantastic places (and been back more than once!) that I felt I needed to share with my fellow Lexingtonians!  So any time I go out to eat, and the food/service is great, I'll review it on here.  I am not paid for this, and all opinions are my own!**

I'm not too into Mexican food.  My mom never really made it, and I never really had it (you know--besides the Americanized taco).  I was introduced to Mexican food by a Mexican, and I fell in LOVE!!!  So when this new Mexican restaurant opened, called Coba Cocina, and with the lure of jellyfish, my family decided to give it a try.

{The entrance}

{The crowning glory--a beautiful jellyfish tank!} 

I have been three times in the last few months, and each time the food and service has been fabulous!  I do recommend you go at 'off' times (2-5 PM) because the room with the jellyfish is very open and gets loud especially with screaming children.

{The free chips with salsa and bean dip (I would come just for this!)}

{Mango lemonade (left) and strawberry lemonade (right)--the mango was our favorite}

{Enchilada platter--halfway through eating I remembered to take pictures... sorry!}

{Fajita Picante--again we were halfway through eating}

{Guacamole and Pico de Gallo}

{Excellent queso!}

The pictures are from my most recent visit, but I've had the Shrimp Ceviche Tropical, tried the Grilled Fish Tacos, tried the Fajitas, had the Tampico Platter, and margaritas (plus what's in the photos).  Excellent!  Delicious!  And the prices?  Even better!  The most expensive dishes runs from $19-$25 while most stay around $10-$15, and you get a TON of food!  The hubby, who is also not big on Mexican food, LOVES this place--guys, he picked it over pizza so his love is serious!

Have you been to this restaurant?  What did you think?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly