Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pesto Bean Salad

I've been seeing this recipe on Pinterest lately, and with a pantry full of random food from my mom, I knew the jar of pesto I had would be perfect for this!  This salad was delicious and unbelievably easy to make!  I'm not sure if the hubby got any, but my mom loved it!

{Pesto Bean Salad}

{Mixing vegetables together}

{Mix dressing and vegetables together}

{Served with fish baked in the versatile seafood sauce (coming next week!)}

One year ago:  Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pesto Bean Salad

Makes 4 servings

1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cucumber, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz pesto (jar or make your own)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup lemon juice
  1. Mix beans, cucumber, celery, and tomatoes together until mixed.
  2. Mix remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
  3. Pour dressing over bean mixture.
  4. Chill overnight for best flavors or serve immediately.
I know that I make many bean salads, but they are practically a complete meal!  You have a bean which has fiber and protein and then the veggies and a nice dressing, paired with a piece of grilled chicken, and you have my summer dinner nailed!

What do you like to eat in the summer?  Are you a salad-muncher like I am?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly