Friday, August 30, 2013

Garlic Chickpea Salad

Ahhh night-before-the-grocery-store, how I love thee....  Why?  Because I have all kinds of odds and ends, but nothing to really make a meal.  I typically plan for two weeks of meals, and sometimes I stick to those plans and sometimes I don't.  If I don't, I'll have odds and ends.  Not everyone is perfect, right?  This is an original night-before-the-grocery-store, and oh boy, was it delicious!!!

{Garlic Chickpea Salad}

{Mixing the beans, cheese, onions, peppers, and parsley together}

{Mixing the dressing}

{Although you can't tell--this is the salad with the dressing!}

{I served this salad with Middle Eastern Garlic Chicken that was grilled (leave out the oil) and grilled corn!}

Garlic Chickpea Salad

Serves 6

2-15 oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 red peppers, chopped
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  1. Mix chickpeas, peppers, parsley, red onion and feta together until combined.
  2. Whisk remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until combined.
  3. Pour dressing over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine.
  4. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
I literally ate this salad every day for three days; the hubby said it was too 'beany' (yes--it's a bean salad--I don't get it either).  That was okay thought because there was more for me!

I hope that you guys have a lovely holiday weekend!  I won't be back until Tuesday so have a safe weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly