Friday, August 2, 2013

Garam Masala Chicken

If you haven't noticed lately--I'm a bit obsessed about 'foreign' food.  I much prefer it over hot dogs and hamburgers or meat and potatoes...  Sorry guys!  Not that there's anything wrong with meat and potatoes--I crave a medium-rare steak with a baked potato like everyone else!  This dish is another one of my weird ones...  At least I'm consistent!

{Garam Masala Chicken which I served with dahl}

{Mixing up the yogurt marinade}

{The chicken completely covered in garam masala yogurt marinade}

One year ago:  Watermelon Feta Salad

Garam Masala Chicken

Serves 4

8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skinless
1 large onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
5 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons ginger, minced
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon garam masala spice mix
  1. Place chicken in a container to marinate it.
  2. Mix the remaining ingredients until well combined.
  3. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken making sure the yogurt coats all the chicken thighs.
  4. Marinate overnight.
  5. Preheat grill.
  6. Grill chicken about 30 minutes (15 minutes on each side) until juices run clear or temperature reads 165.
I am putting my weirdness aside this weekend.  It will consistent of the hubby's favorite foods because it's his birthday!  Here will come the steaks, pizza, and breakfast for dinners!  I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly