Friday, August 23, 2013

BLT with Basil Mayonnaise

Continuing with using ingredients from the garden, one word--BLT!!!  Okay...  So maybe technically three words, but the accronym is one word.  Anyway, I LOVE BLTs!  Actually, for me it's more of a BOLT (bacon onion lettuce tomato), and I like to make it "fancy" as the hubby says with basil mayonnaise.  Making the basil mayonnaise--it's so easy it's ridiculous!  Just add basil to some mayonnaise and go to town (or BLT crazy!).

{My BOLT with basil mayonnaise, and yes, I did immediately eat this after I snapped the picture}

{Add chopped basil to mayonnaise--yup that simple}

{I let the hubby cook the bacon--big mistake!!!  For every 4 slices he cooked, he ate 3!  I fired him}

{Tomatoes donated to me from the in-laws and co-workers!}

{Building my sandwich--okay so I made a wrap}

BLT with Basil Mayonnaise

Makes 4 servings

1 pound bacon, cooked
2-3 tomatoes, sliced
4 oz lettuce
2 oz red onion, sliced (optional and recommended)
Bread or wraps
4 teaspoons basil, chopped
4 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use olive oil based mayo, but it works with anything!)
  1. Mix basil and mayonnaise together until combined.
  2. Build sandwich.
  3. Enjoy!
Do you like BLTs?  What do you put on yours?  I'd love to hear!

PS--Have a fantastic weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly