Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lemon Pepper Garlic Chicken

This was my first whole chicken in a crockpot, and I will admit that I was VERY nervous!  Just place a chicken in the crockpot with nothing else?  No broth, sauce or ANYTHING?!  To say that I was AMAZED when I came home and found the chicken practically drowning was an understatement.

{Lemon Pepper Garlic Chicken}

{To make it garlicky, I took a sharp knife and cut slits into the skin}

{Then press in the garlic (I used garlic scapes which works just fine)}

{Garlic-spiked birdie}

{Spice mix that goes onto the chicken}

[Seriously--just put the chicken in the crockpot and pour spice mix over chicken}

{This is what I found when I came home!  Amazing!!!  Plus, it fell right off the bone!}

Lemon Pepper Garlic Chicken

Makes 4 servings

1 whole chicken, about 4-5 pounds, rinsed
8 cloves garlic, halved
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  1. Using a small paring knife, cut slits into the chicken at even intervals.
  2. Press garlic into slits.
  3. Place chicken in crockpot.
  4. Mix lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and pepper together until combined and pour over chicken.
  5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.

I will definitely be doing more of this in the future!  Just stick a bird, covered in some spices, in the crockpot and letting it cook was WAY. TOO. EASY.  Go make some chicken in a crockpot.  You won't regret it!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly