Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Salad

In the summer, there is nothing better than a salad that cools and refreshes you with flavor while filling you up, hunger-wise, AND meeting some of your daily nutritional needs for vegetables.  I found this recipe on my favorite blogger's website while I was looking around for salad ideas for this summer.  I love this blogger because I rarely, if ever, have to modify the recipe, and that's how I like it.

{Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Salad}

{Roasted peppers--learn how here }
  
{Chickpeas, garlic scapes and capers}

{Cutting roasted peppers}

{Mint and parsley chopped}

{Favorite dressing EVER--lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper}

{Adding dressing}

{I served mine with Buttermilk Rosemary Chicken (which will be coming soon!)}

Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Salad

Makes 6 servings

2-15 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 peppers, roasted and diced
1/4 cup parsley, minced
2 tablespoons mint, minced
3 tablespoons capers (chopped olives is a good alternative}
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
  1. Mix chickpeas, peppers, parsley, mint, capers, and garlic together until well combined.
  2. In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
  3. Add dressing to chickpea mixture.
  4. Allow to sit overnight for best flavor.
  5. Can serve with feta and toasted pita wedges as a main dish.
As we reach the heart of summer, I am getting more and more salad crazy... Seriously--I have two right now in my fridge, and another three planned for this week! The hubby's thoughts? "That looks weird, but I'll try it because I have learned with you that just because it looks gross doesn't mean it tastes gross." I'm still trying to figure out if that's a compliment or not...
Do you have any summertime salads that you can't wait to make?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly