Monday, June 24, 2013

Sesame Radish and Cucumber Salad

The hubby loves radishes; me not so much.  I am trying though!  I found this radish recipe in my 50 Shades of Chicken cookbook, and I thought that I would give it a try.  This salad is DELICIOUS!!!  It's light and perfect for a summer BBQ.  The hubby said it was "okay" but then he ate most of it (he does that A LOT--says something is just "okay" and then eats most of it).  The great part of this salad is that all the ingredients can be cut ahead of time and then tossed together right before service.  Otherwise, the radishes might bleed some color (like below) but is still delicious!

{I let it sit overnight before snapping a picture--still yummy though!}

{Dressing}
  
{Make dressing and then add cucumbers and radishes right before service for better color}

Sesame Radish and Cucumber Salad

Makes 4 servings

3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
8 oz radishes, thinly sliced
  1. Mix oil, juice, onions, ginger and soy sauce together.
  2. Add radishes and cucumbers.
  3. Serve immediately.
I am not a big fan of summer...  The heat kills me!  The one redeeming quality of summer is that there are fresh fruits and vegetables!  I have a slew of salads lined up using an array of summer goodies!  I cannot wait to try them and share them (if they pass my inspections and tests)!!! 

What are some of your favorite fresh salads?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly