Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

Say that five times fast!  Anyway, one of my spring/summer list items is to perfect at least one frozen yogurt recipe.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and was so easy (plus I had almost everything at home) that I went home and made it that day.  I LOVE cookie dough....  I mean I can't make cookies without having a few bites of raw dough.  No--I haven't had food poisoning or whatever it is you can get from eating raw dough.  If you don't like to eat raw cookie dough...  Well...  I'm sorry is all I can say!

{Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt}

Not only is this delicious--it LOOKS like pure, straight-up cookie dough!!!  I PROMISE that there are no raw eggs in this recipe.  In fact, that's how you make it; make cookie dough without eggs and add vanilla yogurt at the end.  Theortically, you could make ANY cookie dough into frozen yogurt.  Worth the chance right?

{Cream butter and sugars together until super light and fluffy}

{Add dry ingredients}

{The dough will be VERY dry, but adding the vanilla yogurt will make it look better!}

{Completed frozen yogurt batter}

{Fold in mini chocolate chips}

{The original recipe only makes about two cups (see above), but I've doubled the recipe for you! (yes it does need to be doubled--as of right now, I only have about 1/4 of it left because the hubby found it)}

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

Makes 1 quart

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
20 oz Greek vanilla yogurt (I used Oikos non-fat vanilla; this recipe was a tad sweet but good.  Just keep in mind what yogurt you use; if it's sweet cut back a bit on the sugar!)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
  1. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  2. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
  3. Add dry ingredients and mix until semi-combined.
  4. Add yogurt and beat until well combined--should look like cookie dough at this point.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Place frozen yogurt in a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer.
  7. Freeze overnight.
  8. Enjoy!
I do want to perfect vanilla and chocolate frozen yogurt, but I haven't found a recipe that has wowed me yet.  I will keep looking!  (unless one of you lovely readers has a suggestion!)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly