Monday, April 29, 2013

Yogurt Bites

I love yogurt in all forms--drinkable, frozen, and regular.  However, sometimes I get too much, and I don't want to eat it all before the expiration date.  So I came up with something rather ingenuiness if I say so myself--freezing the yogurt into bite-sized chunks to eat whenever!  Yup--genuis right here!

{Frozen yogurt bites}

{I added strawberries and chocolate chips for a light and easy dessert!}

{A favorite yogurt although it was a bit runny for this project--still worked though!}

{Place yogurt in a bag and cut one of the tips off}

{On a frozen baking sheet, make dots with the yogurt bag}

{Place in the freezer for about 1 hour}

{Scrape off with a spatula--they came off easily for the most part, but there was one or two stubborn ones per sheet.  You have to be quick though because you don't want them to thaw!}

{Store in a bag in the freezer and grab a handful whenever.  This will be great for summer!}

One of my to-dos for the summer is creating a fantastic homemade frozen yogurt.  I attempted last year, and it did not turn out to say the least.  I know that if I can't do it, I'll always be able to make these!  ;o)

PS--Another item I'll be adding shortly is a sort of "look back".  I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary with the blog (WOOT!!!), and every time I post (or whenever I remember), I'll link back to what I did the previous year on that date.  smitten kitchen does it, and I love the idea so I'll be doing it!

PPS--I hope that this weather decides what it wants to do!  It's May for heaven's sake!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly