Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Steamed Veggies with Dijon Chive Butter

I love vegetables (don't worry--it was a fairly recent liking of about 5 years ago)!  However, spicing them differently can be a challenge.  I like them with just salt and pepper most of the time; Ben does not.  So we compromised to a 50/50 (I might cheat by making broccoli with salt and pepper for me then adding cheese sauce for him! LOL). 

{I am a simple woman--steak and veggies for dinner!}

However, when I saw this recipe, I thought I would give it a try because A) it was something different and B) because I had all the ingredients.  I forgot where I saw the original recipe; it was probably a magazine.

{Yes, I use frozen veggies--it's just the two of us so buying fresh in bulk is not a viable option}

{Mixing the Dijon Chive butter}

{Steamed the veggies until al dente then added Dijon chive butter and gave it a stir}


Steamed Veggies with Dijon Chive Butter

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup chives, chopped
1 poind vegetables, your choice
  1. Blend butter, mustard, lemon peel, and chives, seaoning with salt and pepper.
  2. Cook veggies by steaming until al dente. Remove/drain water.
  3. Add mustard mix to the vegetables stir until veggies are coated.
How do you like to spice your veggies?  I'm open to more suggestions!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly