Monday, July 2, 2012

Lemonade Popsicles


The weather here is sooooo HOT!!! What better way to cool off than to make some lemonade popsicles? I couldn't think of anything better either ;o)



This summer, I notice that I have a border-line unhealthy obsession with lemons....  Not that Ben is complaining; he gets to make lemonade whenever I use the zest so it's a win-win for us.  I've also had a thing for berries this year--so what better way to feed those obsessions than to make BERRY lemonade pops?!


I might also be a little quirky--I made some straight lemonade pops with basil.  Yeah, I know...  I had heard it's delicious.  Ben looked at me like I grew a second head...  Oh well...  It's DELICIOUS, and that's all I can say!

Lemonade Pops

Serves 8-20 (depending if you make straight lemonade or layer it with berries or basil!)

3/4 cups lemon juice
10 tablespoons sugar
18 oz Greek vanilla yogurt
1 pint of blueberries, cleaned
1 pint of strawberries, cleaned
1 tablespoon basil, chopped

  1. Heat lemon juice and sugar on the stove until sugar is dissolved.  Set aside to cool.
  2. Meanwhile, place blueberries and 3 oz of yogurt in food processor and puree until smooth.  Place blueberry mix in a bowl and chill.
  3. Then, place strawberries and 3 oz of yogurt in food processor and puree until smooth. Place strawberry mix in a bowl and chill.
  4. Whisk remaining 12 oz of yogurt into the lemon mix.  Place in a bowl and chill.
  5. Fill popsicle molds to your desire: strawberry lemonade, blueberry lemonade, basil lemonade. strawberry lemonade blueberry, strawberry blueberry--the choices are endless!
  6. Place in freezer until frozen.
  7. Dip in warm water to release the popsicle from the model.
  8. Enjoy!
How are you staying cool and beating the heat?Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly